Friday, January 7, 2011

quilts over the years

I started quilting when i was probably 15 on my Mom's Elna.  I really enjoyed it.  It's one of those hobbies I've picked up every now and again since then. I have to be in just the right mood.  But as my interior design style has changed over the years so has my quilting style, as well as my taste in the types of quilts I make.  Now I sew (mostly baby quilts and odds and ends) on my Janome

These are some of my quilts I found around the house, not sure where the rest are. Oh well.
I made this quilt for my Grandma Reed

My mom let me cut up all our families old jeans to make this quilt.
It's backed with corduroy. I use it as a stadium blanket and  on picnics. 
I think I made this while watching Anne of Green Gables Movies
I know there's a large baby quilt around
here somewhere that goes with this little blankie.
It's a relaxing pastime for me.  I'd be happy to show ya how anytime.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great job Amanda! I didn't even know you used to quilt! I think that would definitely be fun to learn, maybe once I get my sewing machine debacle fixed:)

ps...did you know that you could set the post time on your post...aka, if you are in the writing mood you can set them to publish at later dates?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...