Baby puke, spit up, or overfill seemed to have "melted" into whatever fabric it landed on. I would always wash it right away, but still this problem arose. I guess it has to do with the (non) breakdown of the proteins found in milk. So I read up on how to get the smell out and this was the most popular fix.
Plain old VINEGAR
I was eager to get home from Target today so I could test it myself. I just finished the load of stinky clothes (I used about 1 cup and my regular detergent) and I am quite impressed with the results. The smell has subsided greatly (if there at all). What a cheap fix! Hope that may helps some of you mama's out sometime, it did me!
Other handy uses for vinegar. (he suggests stuff like: insect repellent, first aid, cooking, and cleaning!)


1 comment:
I'm sure you've also discovered by now that they can also get some "crud" in the folds of their neck when they are this little...old milk, spit-up, it's all gross and stinks to the heavens! That all goes away when they can really hold their head up well. It totally grossed me out with Ava and I vowed it wouldn't happen with Carter, but he just got a bath this morning because I couldn't take the stench from his stinky neck :) Oh the wonders of motherhood...
Post a Comment