These little "taggie blankies" are simple to make. I like to use a style called strip quilting. End to end first sew random lengths of various fabric rectangles together. then cut the strips into the length you want your rows (width of blankie). Sew the rows together. Then right side to right side sew a cuddly fabric with strips of material or short cords placed along the edges as you go. turn right side out and "wa-la"!
This bib and the taggie blanket on the left above coordinate with the baby quilt and burp cloths I made Asher.
And this blanket was really fast- cut a cotton fabric to the size you want your receiving blanket to be and then cut the back made of flannel (in this case) sew with right sides together and then turn inside out. I like to sew a finishing stitch around the edges to make it look polished.
Amy Butler's "Little Stitches for Little Ones" book was very inspirational for me. Worth looking over, and may instructions are "googleable".
No comments:
Post a Comment