Friday, January 7, 2011

baby quilt

This the baby quilt I made for Asher in my summer of modified bed rest.  I was super inspired by these fabrics, Amy butler designs, and this spotted quilt (and all her other quilts!). -And I'm not even a "quilty" person anymore!  :-)

Fun places to shop for fabric in the twin cities: Treadle Yard Goods, and Crafty Planet.
Too many fun ones to choose from!
Some of the fabrics I chose.
I had to play around with the design and placement 
for a while.  Charlie helped a lot with this part.
I appliqued the little squares on by using a blanket stitch on my machine.
Finished Front.  I made Burp Cloths to match.
Finished back, I added a little strip of each fabric I used
on the front; it makes the back look snazzy.
The best part of this project was seeing my little man on top of it!
I also made a bib and burp cloth and taggie blankie to match.

My next project: these adorable hand crafted stuffed animals!  Found them on Martha Stewart.
LOVE!
Nested, and Coco Knits, are also sites that have lots of fun and classy crafty projects on them.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...