This little sewing project is pretty easy... I did it.
Thought I'd write a quick tutorial in case you wanna give it a shot (or sew).
1. By shirts. I usually look for a sale or H&M
2. Print out the letter in the font and size you'd like to use. (not curved edges get a little tricky if you're using a machine).
3. Buy felt. I buy it at Joann's for like $.30 a sheet. This way I have lots of colors to choose from.
4. Coordinate your felt to your shirt.
5. Trace the letter upside down on the felt.
6. On that same side of the felt iron on double sided interfacing glue. (read instructions on package)
7. Cut out the letters that now have interfacing "glue" on their back side.
8. Iron the letter to the shirt. I place my letters in the middle of the shirt towards the top.
9. As a finishing touch chose one of the following: *Sew with a contrasting thread color about 2/8" from edge around the letter (that's what I have shown below). or *Hand sew up and down in the same way with contrasting candle-wicking thread. or *do the same with yarn (I've done this too, but my fingers really hurt after from pushing the needly through so much fabric and felt, plus the yarn thickness. But it does look super cute).
There ya have it! CUTE - CLASSY & CRAFTY!
Your next gift for the kiddo's in your life.
1 comment:
We LOVE our shirts! You are the best! And by the way - I just took a pic of all 4 kids in their shirts if you want it. :)
Post a Comment