Friday, April 30, 2010

soon...

To Do This Week

TO DO SOON

This is my list I've been dreaming about and working on for about two weeks. And although I've made some progress, there's a lot that remains undone.

Now perhaps most of you don't find that to be a big deal, or stressful, or out of the ordinary. But if you know me, then you know that if I start something I need to finish it, and not let it linger. I'm a 'list-er', planner, type-A, has to be done perfect or I don't do it sort of person.

There in lies my problem (or perhaps it should be more like, POINTING TO MY TUMMY: "There in lies the problem")!! LOL!

Let's just say that being slowed way down and being in bed for the past 9 or 10 weeks has forced me to be pleased with the little accomplishments in my day. If you follow me on facebook, you may have noticed that I'm rejoicing over getting the floors done once a month, or the puke cleaned from the toilet every few days. Things that would've drove me nuts several months ago.

I went to DesMoines to visit my sister Bridget and brand new nephew Landon for two days. (who is absolutely perfect by the way). Being a new exhausted mom all of five days my little sister was feeling overwhelmed with responsibility and newness. I know I would have (and probably still will) felt/feel just like that when my little person arrives. But I was able to relate to her feelings a little. It's hard to not accomplish the things you normally would because you just physically can't.

But something I now know is, those things will be there, and people who care about you won't notice the dust bunnies hiding on every shelf, the 3-foot pile of clothes on the floor, or the way I haven't cooked in weeks. They love us for who we are and the season we're in. And there are bigger things in play for the day that take priority- like nursing and recovering from all that is new-born and growing a little baby inside... (or for some of you, holding a screaming toddler, etc).

I must keep taking care of my spiritual heart, my physical body (as much as possible), and just get through.

BUT- cleaning and list- you had just better WATCH OUT Mr. 'Cuz as soon as I'm feeling better you'll be outta here so FAST!


(unless you're not)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This made me laugh because it is exactly how I functioned and lived "pre-Ava" and while I was preggo with her, I started to realize how many of my type-A habits needed to go! Now, that I'm preggo again, I'l having to let even more go, but you're right, it's always there waiting when I get around to it :) The trade off is so worth it though...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...