Thursday, April 22, 2010

personal walls

Upon urging from my big sister to just post something... you get several photos of things that are on my walls, and very few words. (and horrible photo's, 'cuz it's my iPhone). I know I appreciated finding these types of little tips here and there; they're very inexpensive to create). These are a few ways we've decorated, personalized and livened our home:

BOOK HIM! (isn't that what cops say in the police station meaning: FINGERPRINT?)
Charlie and I used a black ink pad and made 10-30 thumb prints each and I inspected them for the best one and cut it out. I took it to Kinko's and enlarged them to nearly the same size each, and then printed them on photo paper. Framed them up and hung them together. I think it'll be fun eventually to add our children's finger prints to the collage. Perhaps with a printed verse like Psalm 139:16.
Speaking of fingerprints and children, last week our Little Baby J "grew" fingerprints of his/her own! (this happens between week 12-13). We also have so pretty cute foot prints from Bennett the nurse took for us.

Frame a Christmas Ornament on Fun Material
For this, I simply duck taped a "J" ornament to a piece of material wrapped around some cardboard and framed it.

Frame Unexpected Things

Like a license plate, or record album covers, etc. We actually used to live in Johnson county so when we moved to MN we framed our plates. For those of you big time movers- this would be a fun conversational collage of different states plates you've lived in.

Cover Plywood or Wood Frame with Material

This was easy and fun. I just stapled some great fabric around the edges, made sure it was smooth and hung them. Got this idea from Crate and Barrel. I enjoy using Marimekko fabrics.


Little Baby Update







Little baby is now 13 weeks 5 days old.

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, his veins and organs are clearly visible through his still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of his body size now. If we're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Little Baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce.

5 comments:

Elisa Clark said...

Where do you get your weekly updates? I haven't seen one like this.
And...isn't it a weird thought that if it's a girl - you're kind of (in a way) carrying your future grandchildren now that her eggs are there. That always struck me when I would read about this week.

Anonymous said...

Great ideas, Amanda! I might copy you at some point as a decorate our new house.

Jess said...

Not sure why the previous comment was anonymous. It was me!

Stephanie said...

Cute ideas! Love the license plate...we have several, wonder if we've still kept them or not??

Derek and Jamee said...

I totally kept my plates from Ia and Mn, and Jamee wondered why. It must be a Bohlen thing? Love it, now i can prove to her I wasn't insane. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...