
(This is one of my favorite pictures I found a few years ago on the internet, even though I don't think it was "really" captured. Not sure you can actually see the parts that well on the skin...)
So after I wrote yesterday's post about Little Mr.'s feet, he really decided to show off.
Charlie and I were hanging out on the downstairs couch (because that's the coolest place in our house, it was super humid yesterday, and the temp broke records at 95 degrees)! Little Mr. usually is pretty busy moving and exercising from about 5ish to 10pm, I have felt that for a few weeks now. I could really feel him going at it last night so I scrunched my shirt up and watched the skin on my tummy.
Sure enough squiggle, squiggle (inside), and then *POW*- I saw a strong kick on the outside of my tummy! I was like, "WOAH, did you see that hun?!" he hadn't. But a few seconds later I felt the squiggles start again, we watched, and then- *POW!* I almost started crying as we laughed at Little Guy and his strong kicking we can BOTH now witness. Charlie thought it looked like someone flicked me really hard from the inside, (although it doesn't sting like a flick). :-)
I feel like it was a special little hello from our baby boy, perfectly timed. My anxious heart needed that yesterday, and to share it's specialness with Charlie was fantastic. Definitely my favorite part of pregnancy so far.
Then I was awake from 2:30-3:30ish last night; woke to go to the bathroom, of course. But then laid their, praying/thinking/sorta anxious. I couldn't help but think about the last pregnancy at that exact time. But God showed Himself loving and faithful again... as I was laying there I heard a text ding from my kitchen. (nobody usually texts me at night). I knew it had to be Bridge, up with Landon; I felt like she must be thinking about me, praying for me. And I woke this morning to her text saying just that, along with a verse. God is so good to me (us). He sent more help and comfort at exactly the time I needed it.
So if God puts someone on your heart at odd times, pray for them, tell them, you may be a blessing to them without knowing.
5 comments:
Love it! I think the little Mr. is going to be a soccer player! :)
That picture kind of creeps me out and makes me want to hold my stomach. Ouch! But a cool picture none-the-less. I think you'll have to get one like that of you in a few more weeks. :)
I've seen that picture before (or one like it) and love it too!
Amanda that is so beautiful! Please frame that picture it's amazing!
Holy Crap that is such a cool picture! It need to be in a frame...I agree.
for the record, it's a picture i found on the internet a few years ago. But it is cool.
Post a Comment