Sunday, May 30, 2010

at least I have red toe nails

Sunday updates

This is my veiw. I'm glad that I at least have pretty red toe nails to look at this week. :-). And since we were here last year, the labor and delivery floor is much cleaner and nicer. Ahhhh.

So I think I'll do one post per day, and just go back and add to it later in the day if we have any different news or thoughts to add.

MORNING:
Uneventful, leak free, pain free night. Charlie slept, I didn't so much. My feet are higher than my head (inversion); keeps presure off the cervix. Little Mr.'s heart rate was 149 this morning and I feel him moving. Only slight very light contracting.

I've learned I'm not a fan of bed rest in all forms. It's very humbling. We laugh a lot. I've been nauseaous and have thrown up once due to yucky hospital food. Some awesome friends are bringing us meals.

Waiting to see OB for the plan for the next few days. Please pray that we will and the dr will have wisdom to know if the bag of waters is ruptured or leaking. We are still thinking and praying about the only realy definitive test that will tell conclusively, Amniocentesis. It's acurate but has some larger risks. We need to know the result, because it greatly changes the treatment plan and largely impacts the baby making it to a viable age.

We both are feeling emotionally numb and somewhat hopeful today. The initial shock is over and we are a little more at peace. Throughout the night I truely felt lifted up by your prayers on our behalf. Thank you. All our love.

NIGHT:
We met with our perinatal dr early this evening to talk more about the Amniocentesis dye test and possible cerclage treatment. The amnio dye test will conclusively tell us wether I have any can of leak or rupture in the bag of waters. (it has some risk of causing a rupture, but is done often for many other reasons, usually without issue). And if that proves that I don't have fluid leaking then that would allow us to move forward with cerclage treatment.

Cercalge would keep what's left of my now drastically shortened cervix (1.7-2.2 cm thick right now; normally 3.5-4cm thick) sealed. Hopefully for several more weeks. They can not do this if I'm having contractions, have an infection, or have and fluid leaking, or have begun labor.

I'm on about hour 32 of a 48-72 hour (depending) antibiotic treatment to ward off infections. I'm laying inverted to keep presure from the bag of waters off my cervix.

We will have an ultrasound from the perinatal dr Monday afternoon to check on Little Mister and how much fluid he has in there to "swim in" ( as my nephew prays) and how much I'm funneling. We should be able to make further decisions from that appointment.

We are somewhat hopeful.
I'm having some small contractions still. And back and head pain from laying (the wrong way up) for so long. But hopefully will be worth it. Going to try to sleep well and long tonight. We can feel our god using you and your fervent prayers to carry us through- no matter the outcome. Thank you.

12 comments:

Elisa Clark said...

That seems so weird that the only way to tell if the sac is leaking is to poke a hole in it with a needle! Weird!
Your toes are beautiful! Hang in there!

Hayley said...

Praying, Amanda.

How scary.

So sorry.

God will carry you- He is really good at that.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

We are praying praying praying for you guys!!

Caryn said...

The Turners are fervently praying for you all.

Ames said...

Amy Lanser here (the piano teacher... Bekah's mom...) been talking to both your mom and mom-in-law this weekend and praying a lot!!!

Larson Living said...

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l toes girl! (-: love ya and praying for wisdom!

mike.kris said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! Praying for peace and wisdom (and so many other things) for you all.

Ruth and Jeremy said...

Amanda, I've been praying for you, Little Mr, and your hubby since I heard your news. I even woke up 5 times on Saturday night feeling the urgency to pray for you! I have many girlfriends lifting you up to our GREAT GOD, petitioning Him for your situation. Stay strong!

Janee said...

Hang in there, Amanda. I'm praying.j

Molly said...

Praying along with so many others! If you're still in the hospital when I get up there I'll be happy to come help you shave your legs or wash your hair! My friend Melissa had friends who did that for her and she said it was wonderful. :o)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

We've been praying and continue to do so! Keep us updated!

Stephanie said...

Praying for you and your red toes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...