Thursday, September 24, 2009

tear it up

The side of our house was a MESS with vines, weeds and out of control lilly of the valley's... those have to be among the most pesky (well, save creeping charlie weeds) spreading, root infesting plants to dig up. Just recovering that small space took forever. I've been reminded (again) of how much I dislike yard work- as visually rewarding as it might be (my perfectionism issues do not mix well with this project).
After several hours of manual labor, and one AMAZING neighbor (Cindy) coming to dig with me and share her plants/flowers.... (Cindy truly is great, just yesterday morning I sat down and looked out my deck window, and there were potted yellow daisies, and other plants ready for their new home, all from her. She's so thoughtful and caring).
And this was last weekend's projects, lights outside replaced.
Soon we'll be ready for the weather to change... it's been good to wrap these projects up.

1 comment:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Your house looks awesome! And the work you did was worth it -- looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...