Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ready, set... push, shove and dig?!




So, what are all these pretty's you ask? These are my scores from my trip monday to the Goodwill Outlet in St. Paul. It is a large warehouse with about 8 conveyor belts coming from the stock area. Shoppers ("stalkers") lined up with carts up and down the conveyor belts waiting for the workers ("stockers") to fill large bins with goods (i.e.: lots of junk, but a few hidden treasures!) and roll them down the conveyor belts. We all waited patiently until given the go-ahead(they literally hold people back and then it's like "ready, set, CONVERGE!") to start rummaging! It was good fun and also an enlightening people watching moment.


I'm not sure I would've bought these treasures had I been shopping at the store. But, how can you beat buying by the pound?!
And as a side note, if you ever feel like being and adventurer, give me a call and I'll spot ya. I hear Monday's are the $0.99 per lb. days. Happy hunting!

1 comment:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I've never heard of such a thing! Interesting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...