Monday, August 31, 2009

ladies, what can we learn

9/6- Addendum of encouragement link: dating

Jon and Kate Plus 8.
Minus Kate or Jon.

Minus respect, good communication, and a God-centered marriage, husband first mentality.
Plus making kids the center of your world, marriage, and reason for living.
Minus good tone of voice, honor, and humility.
Plus, caring too much about an organized and planned out house and need for control; and making life activity driven...

EQUALS= brokenness, sadness and regrets, and more than one worn out single parent; desperate need for the Lord's healing.

I used to love this show. I'm fascinated by all the kiddo's conversations and the busy/crazy life with a large family. I can't say I would have done it all perfect myself. They've done well. But something I picked up on right away was the need for more respect and better tone of voice, and an overall less bit**y attitude from wife to husband. I do hate that they're being hassled still by the media. (part of the problem). I hate to come down too hard on them, I don't know all the details; but some I do, and can't ignore.

Note to self:
  • My relationship with God needs to come first. Period. Stop.
  • I need to focus on my husband and be his friend, helper, and lover always. -before any child's need.
  • Although I highly value an organized life/house, relationships are more important.
  • I need to have an attitude of humility towards all.
  • It's OK to keep/pursue goals, work, idea's, beauty, health, job, friends, (it's healthy even), but not at the expense of my family.
  • I need to communicate effectively, sweetly, and thoroughly ("fight" right) no belittling.
  • Pray for healing in the Gosselins marriage.
( 1 Peter 3:1-6; Titus 2:4-5; James 1:3; Phil. 4:4-9; Matt. 20:26; Matt. 20:28 )

3 comments:

Andrea said...

amen. agree wholeheartedly. praying for them to see their need once again for the healing blood of Jesus. that's why i still like the duggers:) even if they are a little odd. i'd rather be odd for jesus than the worlds "cool" without him! thanks for the wonderful reminder!

The Prices said...

I agree! I loved this show as well, and I loved his Christian shirts he wore, it shows that everyone can fall if our eyes are not on Him! Love this post and reminded me to keep praying for them.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

AMEN! That echoes my thoughts on the situation exactly -- priorities, priorities -- God, Husband, Family.

And relationships over a clean, organized house. That one's hard for me, but I hope to be able to learn from others' mistakes so as not to make my own!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...