Tuesday, August 11, 2009

pretty's

This morning I went away from my neighborhood to run my 2.5 miles. (I was getting bored with the same sights). French Park in Plymouth was the perfect cure for my running dun-drum.

I learned that:

  • Running is much more difficult on unpaved hiking trails
  • Running on said hiking trails with hills makes one's out of shape leggo's burn
  • I don't like soggy running shoes
  • I got to see a fawn enjoying some breakfast munchies
  • I like summer- even running in the humidity and sweating like crazy
  • I discovered that my broken heart is mending quite nicely. (I often do self inventory -on situations, emotions, life, etc when I run). I find myself thanking God for where He's taken us this this summer. It's been quite the journey. I do know I picked up a nugget of truth along the way...God wants my heart-in every situation. He wants me to want Him to have my heart. More than I desire anything else (and believe me, I want to be a mommy desperately!) more than I feel anything else. This is something I had started pondering while reading a great book mid-June before all this started called, Prodigal God. I don't want to live just a moralistic or irreligious life. I think I'll post some further thoughts on the book and what I learned in my next post.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

amanda...you inspire and amaze me...so glad to call you friend, and yes, let's run/get together sometime soon:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...