hands up.
flying leap.
There.
That wasn't so bad. I've had this persistent itch to jump back into writing here on my little lost blog.
I've had so many
This is how my 11- - - ELEVEN - - - (wow. that's a long time) month dead zone got out of hand:
(please read "excuses for having NOT blogged"):
1. Asher turned 11 months. YAY! But along with the awesome consistency in sleeping and eating age brings, it also brought along walking and talking, more teething, more independence and general full-time busyness. Mom's, I know you've got my back on this one. Let's just say my free & alone time seemed to shrink because during his awesome afternoon naps I either needed to cling to God in study or prayer, sleep, clean, make supper, blah, blah blah.
OK, you get the point: Asher grew up more, I had to figure out my new normal.
2. I did figure out my new normal. YAY! Now it is February-ish I'd suppose. I promise I revisited the idea of blogging again.
Looking back at the host of posts in the past two years has been fun and good. This place is totally just my decompressing, processing, remembering, thinking (out loud), release, honesty-spouting, sharing SPOT. And along the way I had to write down what my Abba was teaching and showing me, what He was walking me through (often kicking and screaming, but sometimes quietly and enjoying the gift of now).
Being the introvert that I am. -Well I'm a weird one probably- It's true I'm introverted now for sure; yet I do have this completely open side of me, and I have no qualm sharing my entire (please read: 'cervical lengths', 'absurd horizontal living', 'misgivings', 'crazy thoughts', -lol!) life, in excruciating detail, with the world. So anyway being the mixed introvert that I am, I like to process internally, alone, and it takes me a while. Probably because when I talk, I can't always find the words I'm really thinking or feeling. And this is an excellent place for slow, thoughtful (well sometimes-not always) expression of the real me. I'm not a good writer, I simply write as I talk for the most part. Nothing fancy.
So anyway, as I revisited I found myself dreadfully behind, and the perfectionist in me was going absolutely, completely, frantically, CRAYZY-NUTZ. So as I said, the story of our past few years has become quite centered around our family. pre and post. what a journey it's been, so consuming. And the blog had also become a baby book of sorts. -That's the nice part, 'cuz I would forget a lot of it otherwise.
But now. Oh boy. By February I was 5 months behind on pictures and details and thoughts, which I could have caught up on, but seriously- who (in the general public) really wants to know Asher had his first (of hundreds) scrape or had zucchini for first time, etc. OK OK OK, I know Grandma and Gigi cared a lot, but other than that? what? no hands wildly waiving? No one? No?.... ..... really?! LOL! Thought so. I was feeling guilty for subjecting my faithful few to the posting torture of routine family life. (I first realized my little blog was going this direction in july 2010, see this post. OH DEAR!)
My solution? I opened Asher's very own little privet blog. There are still one or two months I've missed somewhere in there. But there is less pressure to make it anything more than it is: a record of my son's irresistible cuteness and remarkable smartness. I'm not at all bias. It's just the facts. If you really wanna see more pics, and stories of our daily "family" life, I can hook you up. Or just check my facebook or instagram.
OK. I'm throwing a picture in here so I don't loose ya. It's an older one, from March I think.
I'm just about done.
3. The blog needs to be worth your time (well at least kinda worth it, because I know post after post week after week can easily become boring). I had a dry, very non-creative, and VERY uninteresting spell. I think this is a really normal part of life for me. I had nothing but the daily life to report or share. In many ways, I'm still there. But I'm really going to try to dig down deep and rediscover some of my interests and passions and amusements once again. Perhaps you'll join me, perhaps you'll pop in for a visit every now and then, or just say in your head 'good for you' and move along. All three are perfect options.
The point: if you're taking the time to read, I want you to leave encouraged in some way.
![]() |
| Another one so you don't leave yet. ;-) |
4. I'm still trying to get over the fact that there is no possible way of writing you a bridge from last november until now. But alas, there is not. breathe amanda. breathe. Get over it. Nobody cares. LOL!
I'll try to post silly little updates here and there, cuz who wants an impersonal no-picture page to drudge through? Yup, not me. Life IS my inspiration after all.
______
This summer was very low maintenance. Hours of pool and park time. Lots of playing cars and balls, and basketball and chasing my fantastic and happy Little Mr. Charlie has been pretty busy at work and has been trying to squeeze in time for his hobby's. I've been enjoying the ride, the goodness and fun-ness in the now. (When I'm NOT pulling my hair out, or scraping dried cheese and peas off the floor). You get my drift.
Hugs to you guys.
Cheers to many more.
Thanks for letting me process with you.
Holy cow, that was a wordy way of telling you I'm gonna try blogging out again! HA!



2 comments:
YAY! I for one am glad you are back:)
"Being the introvert that I am. -Well I'm a weird one probably- It's true I'm introverted now for sure; yet I do have this completely open side of me, and I have no qualm sharing my entire (please read: 'cervical lengths', 'absurd horizontal living', 'misgivings', 'crazy thoughts', -lol!) life, in excruciating detail, with the world. So anyway being the mixed introvert that I am, I like to process internally, alone, and it takes me a while. Probably because when I talk, I can't always find the words I'm really thinking or feeling. And this is an excellent place for slow, thoughtful (well sometimes-not always) expression of the real me. I'm not a good writer, I simply write as I talk for the most part. Nothing fancy."
Hello. we are TWINS.
Post a Comment