It's come to that. I'm (it's) one of THOSE blogs. Kids and baby updates and pictures.
I promise I do have other thoughts, but this season has been a little consuming. And I'm not sure how to share with the "blogosphere" my other musings right now. There's a lot spinning around in our lives. Sometimes I wonder what my life will look like in just one short year...oh how things can change- and FAST. (yet sometimes not fast enough). hummmm...
So back to the blog I've become. (happily, btw):
In this picture you'll see a paper chain hanging from the window- this was lovingly made by my niece, Emma and my nephew, Elliott. They made one for each day to help me count down the weeks until Little Mr. turns 30 weeks. So fun; and the chain is rather short now! YAY! And then we have a couple of things we've bought/made for our little son; and I hung them in the closet, it really helped me to get excited about thinking about this little guy coming to our home one day.
A close up of some cute little clothes for him:
I ordered this very newborn little outfit for Little Mr. to wear right away. It's SO tiny and cute. I also crocheted a cotton blanket to coordinate.
This is us at 26 weeks: (yes, they're self portraits. Do you wanna know why? 'Cuz I usually get dressed if I have to run to the Dr. or something and then I get home and slip comfy clothes right back on, and so if I wanted a picture of real clothes I couldn't wait for Charlie to get home.)
Week 27, 4 days: (Tuesday, yesterday)
Seeee, this is me, in said comfy attire... no makeup and all. See what I spare you by doing self portraits when I'm presentable!? LOL!
Our little boy is really growing on us, it's almost like he communicates through the kicking sometimes. (He still is super powerful and active). But seemingly responds to our touch and voice. We already love him so much- and we tell him. We're getting so excited to SEE his little face and touch and kiss those busy little hands and feet.
About 2 1/2 weeks ago I got to start "modified bed rest". I can sit up, walk around more and even have 2-3 outings a week (to go out to eat or the movies or some other low key activity)!!! I just also need to make sure I'm resting lots, and not lifting or exercising, etc. PRAISE THE LORD! Being up has been so wonderful. I've not been having contractions, and baby is growing and measuring perfectly. I've just had back pain and random other muscle pain, probably from being sedentary for so many months.
I've been sewing. This is some of the fabric I'm going to make a baby blanket with. And pictured are a few of the other things I've made. (diaper bag, and blanket, and burp cloths). And my friend Sarah surprised me with a darling taggie blanket and two burp cloths she made with "Little Mr" embroidered onto them. SO thoughtful and cute! Such a good reminder of the story we'll get to tell our son- about the ARMY of friends and family and acquaintances who prayed for his life before anyone ever met him.
Hopefully one day soon I'll be able to write about a non-baby something or other.
I've been reading a couple of books. This one on Grace Based parenting is really good so far. -good for parents at any stage. (here's my post about it). And for fun (book club) we're reading Second Time Around...an easy summer read.
We've been able to go sit at our favorite spot on Lake Minnetonka a few times lately too.










3 comments:
Ohhh, the Lord is so faithful Amanda!! This post brought me so much joy to see you growing so beautifully with every week and to "hear" the joy in your voice returning...I LOVE all of the stuff you have for him, what a precious time this is, huh?? ENJOY the planning, the shopping, the sewing, the outings (YAY!!) and the time God is giving you to prepare for your son. He is going to be one loved "little Mr." and with good reason. I'm so thrilled for you!! You look wonderful!! I can't wait until these little boys are here with us :)
You are amazing!! :) I love this! And I'm not even a Mommy. xoxo
What talent you have for making adorable baby things, Amanda!! Super cute. Congrats on the modified bedrest. And you look GREAT!! Can't wait to meet him :)
Post a Comment