Thursday, February 10, 2011

you can't read and sob

I really enjoy reading to Asher. It's a relaxing way to entertain him, teach him, love him, cuddle him, expose him to new things.

I had started a stash of all my favorite children's books years ago. I pulled them out today, because he likes to sit for longer periods of time now, listening and looking at pictures, sucking his fingers.

Today I discovered that mommies CAN NOT read and SOB at the same time.

It'd been forever since I'd read the book "Love you forever". ..Maybe since my little sisters were babies in the mid-90's. And seriously- there must be another (lighter!) version, because I don't remember EVER being moved to tears, let alone sobs while reading it to them.

Or, maybe things have changed that much in me now that I'm a mommy, holding my very own precious little (growing) baby boy. I got through the first two pages of this book and could hardly read the rest through my sniffing and wet face.  Asher must have been wondering what on earth was going on. I don't think we'll be reading that one every day. It's to poignant.

Emotions aside.  It's a FABULOUS BOOK.  And oh so very true.

I'll love your forever, 
I'll you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.


It's true Tiny Muffin. You'll always be my loved little baby boy. I'm trying to bask and drink in every single moment with you. These four months have already gone by too fast.

2 comments:

Elisa Clark said...

There are some books I won't even attempt to read to my kids...like most of Max Lucado's childrens' books. I don't think it phases the kids - but it gets mommys right in the heart!

Anonymous said...

You should try the book "Someday" by Alison McGhee. Love You Forever makes me cry .. . But Someday makes me sob. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...