Thursday, February 10, 2011

forwards, folk medicine and nosefrida?! =true?

So my mother is a self proclaimed "Vick's Vapo Rub" addict.
She likes to use it when she doesn't even have a cold. (for whatever reason).

Last week (when Asher's cold was yucky) she sent a forward to me- (*GASP!, SHOCK!- you all know how I dislike forwards), but it was rather on point with that weeks happenings so I read it.

It was about the wonders of vick's vapor rub. And it talked about how your feet absorb what they touch (this part I know is true- if you stand on garlic, soon you will be able to taste it- like within minutes). So anyway, "they" claimed that putting a thick layer of vick's on yours or your child's feet will relieve a cough within 30 minutes. They aren't sure why it works, but had something to do with the garlic sort of theory...

I tried it on Baby. (what could it hurt?)

It surprisingly worked (this time). He hasn't coughed since.
...And the smell reminded me of my childhood, LOL- thanks mom.

Try it, tell me if it works for you.

__________ONE MORE THING:

The Nose Frieda (a thing made in Sweden).

One thing I DID discover (thanks to dear Rosanna H.) is this weird little thing called a nosefrida! (had to order on Amazon)

Disgusting to wrap your head around. I mean really- who wants to think about sucking, ---let alone actually SUCKING out your child's snotty nose with your OWN LIPS!?

Loving mommy's go the whole distance to make their sick babies better, I tell ya.

This little contraption is fabulous, and Asher actually laughs  (sometimes) when I use it on him.  Maybe it's because I make a silly sound while I do it.

It's like TEN times better than the little blue bulb sucker.  Promise. Ya just have to get over the mental hurdle.

4 comments:

Gabby Huerta said...

No offense but I might have gagged a little bit. :P BUT, whilst gagging I smiled because it's so cute that you and Asher use that thing. LOVE IT.

Andrea said...

I'm totally with your mom on this one. That's one of the only ways Alex and I got over our super long colds this season...vicks on the feet:)

ps...they also make a nose sucker that is electronic...basically does what this one does without having it get near your own mouth ...http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nasal-Clear-Aspirator/dp/

my sister has it and loves it:)

Katie Schmidt said...

I use Vicks on Britta's feet every time she gets a cold and it works AMAZINGLY! Love it...

Rosanna said...

Yay, I'm glad you got and like the Nose Frida!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...