Thanksgiving this year took us home to our families (both sides) in Iowa. It was so fun to have Asher spend time with all his cousins and extended family. Here are the highlights.
My sister Bridget's little boy, Landon, was in awe and quite curious of Asher. He wanted to touch his hands and hair, and was very pleased when he did so. Here are some cute pictures of them together, giving loves.
Charlie, Asher and I stayed at my parents house this trip. It was fun to spend time with Grammy and Papa and the Aunties. On Thanksgiving morning Bridget and I and all of our boys ate breakfast while we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. (Bird and I have done this since we were little, and have been missing watching it together- although this year we seemed slightly preoccupied with our Little's). And you'll also spot Daddy, showing off Asher's tiny turkey bum. :-) We spent Thanksgiving supper with the Bohlen side at Aunt Lynn's and Uncle Doug's, but I forgot to get my camera out... I know Auntie Sandy had her iPhone out snapping pictures, so Sandy if you're reading this, could you zip a few of those pics to me?! (or anyone else who was snapping) It was a nice night of food and games and family.
We headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's for Thanksgiving lunch. Beverley put on quite the feast! (As she always does). I told her this year, I hope I never inherit her job, because I'd never be able to do as good of a job as she does filling our tummies with yumminess!
Uncle Andrew (Uncle the FoCack to Asher) came home, and was promptly bombarded with attention vying nieces and nephew's, and he was amazing- all day- every day. Every little boy should have an Uncle FoCack I think.
Auntie Ruth and Uncle Andrew Morgan and their kids came from Atlanta too! We always enjoy seeing them, and I was wondering why I didn't have picture's of them- well it's because they're the photographers of the family and were always behind the camera. But thanks to them we got some great family shots- as good as family shots with 5 kiddo's under 4 can get...
And speaking of kiddo's, the Caven's rounded out their family by adding precious little Henry (pictured with Asher and is the baby on the bottom row, second from right). He was only 4 days old when they arrived in Waterloo! It was so fun to spend time with him/them. We were amazed at the difference just 6 weeks makes for tiny babies.
But our baby has never been very tiny...
- 12.1.10-Little Buddy, when we went to the lactation consultant today (7 weeks, 3 days old) you weighed 13lbs 15.2 ounces! (nearly 14 pounds). She thought that was quite a bit to weigh for such a young man like yourself. Mommy still needs to tame down the milk supply for you- before you completely ROLL off the charts. While we were there, you smiled at a stranger for the first time.
- You are using your voice a lot now, especially in the morning, just about a coo-ing sound. So cute.
As much fun as it was to see everyone and have extra hands around, I must say- It's really good to be home again. I'm not sure why I find it slightly stressful still to get out and about and be around people much. Perhaps I'm not fully recovered yet. Maybe it's leftover stress and anxiety from our past two years. I haven't figured it out. Poor Charlie has had to put up with me wanting to be at home most of the time. He's so gracious and patient, I know it's getting old for him. It is (I am) getting better though, slowly. I want to get back to "my old self"- but I'm not sure I will ever be fully like my old self. My life is now new, and different, and changed. So I guess "new self" is better and for my good. It's just taking some time to adjust and combine the two.
Hummm, wasn't planning on going there. Oh well, you get what you get these days.




1 comment:
we'll all be here when you are feeling more like getting out:) it's okay to feel the way you are, our hearts are tender aren't they?
love you friend and praying you feel closer to the "self" the Lord desires you to be:)
Post a Comment