Sunday, November 21, 2010

not a lone tree


Something I have learned during pregnancy and motherhood thus far:  I am not a lone tree.

While Asher was growing inside, there were many opportunities for my questions to arise.  Multiple times veteran mommies came to my aid.  -Anything from weird queasiness, and birth plans- to what should I use to catch my babies poop (cloth diapers, ec-ing, etc) and what I can use to make his clothes fit longer (...onsie extender snaps, btw).  Also got tips on good books to read, how to make baby food, and advice on how to get through breastfeeding successfully. Among MANY other topics. 

All I've had to do is post anything from one little sentence on facebook (which could gather upwards of 30 responses of loving, caring, experienced moms with 1-7 Littles), to texting dear friends late in the evening (who immediately respond with what's worked for them and their baby). Or my mom, charlie's mom or our sisters are always there with a wealth of wisdom and lots of love.  My dear husband Charlie, there with an outside (often clearer) perspective and fresh viewpoint for loving encouragement or a strong pair of arms to take over when I grow weary.

I am not alone in this mothering venture. (and we are not alone in our parenting journey).

I'm so thankful for the depth of resources and friends available to help me through. But most of all I'm thankful that as I sit nursing by the nightlight, in the darkness in Asher's room in the middle of the night, (or any other time) I can talk to my Father, Creator, Wisdom and Knowledge and Understanding Himself.  He is faithful to give mercy and grace for each moment and each trauma/problem/query/drama I encounter as a mommy. I wouldn't survive without Him by my side and as my Lord.
Thank you Lord for bringing me/us this far and for Your promises to keep leading and loving. 
Thank you friends for caring and offering advice on what has been working for your families.
Thank you family for being there for us, whether a phone call or short drive away always available to love and help.
What sweet treasures I have around me.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i love being around, but i'm not sure i'm much of a help!...but i'm praying:)

looking forward to seeing you sometime soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...