Monday, October 11, 2010

announcing the anticipated arrival

Asher Clark Johnson
Welcomed on October 10, 2010 at 3:45am


Eight pounds, twenty-one inches long.

 

Taken from Jerehiah 31

"...I have loved you with an everlasting love;
...With weeping they shall come, and with pleas for mercy I will lead them back, I will make them walk by brooks of water, in a straight path in which they shall not stumble,
...I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.
...my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, declares the Lord.”


Asher means "happy" in Hebrew. Duet 33:24, Gen 49:20


Asher was the eighth son of Jacob, he was promised a life blessed with abundance. Fortunate; blessed; happy. He is the son of Jacob and Leah, Leah named him this after declaring her joy over having Jacobs son and that she would be called blessed. Gen 49:20 describes God's promise to Asher's heirs. His blessing for Asher was: the food of Asher shall be rich and he shall provide delicacies fit for a king (Genesis 30:13).

His middle name is Clark, a fourth generation Johnson family name; and we're honored to pass the name.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful name! What happiness and joy you have (we all have) in welcoming Asher into the world! Matthias is pretty excited that his middle name is the same as Asher's first name. And what a big boy he is! I am so proud of you, Amanda, for sacrificially carrying him to full term and am so thankful for all the good God has worked in your heart and life during. What a testimony you will be able to share with Asher as he grows up! Praise God! We are SO happy for you!
-Anna

Elisa Clark said...

He's such a cutie! I can't wait to meet him! Love the meaning behind the name. Enjoy that little bundle of sweetness! Praying that you are getting rest and feel good.

Joy said...

He is an absolutely perfect, beautiful boy :) so happy for you, and rejoicing in God's goodness.

Glad I guessed the date right....but it looks like I was off on the time and name ;) what a cool birthday!!!!!!

KCJ said...

He is so adorable! I cannot wait to meet him!

JaneeNoel said...

What a BEAUTIFUL baby!! He looks absolutely perfect. I love his name too. Congratulations; I am so happy for you.

Lindsey said...

Rejoicing and praising the Lord for His abundant provision! So very excited for you.

Rosanna said...

Oh Amanda, I'm so happy for you! What a sweet mercy your little boy is... and I *love* the name. :) Congratulations and welcome to the rest of your life!

Stephanie said...

He's amazingly beautiful! I just want to smother those chubby cheeks with kisses. :) So happy for you all!

Cristina said...

Congratulations!!! He is so incredibly adorable! We are rejoicing with you!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Amanda and Charlie,
What an overwhelming helping of God's goodness! Asher is amazing, adorable - just right. SO incredibly happy for your family!

Molly said...

I have major goosebumps and tears in my eyes. Serious.

He's amazing. He's beautiful. He's such a gift.

Big hugs to you Amanda.

jesse.dvorak said...

super happy for you guys.

ShellyLynn said...

He is such a gorgeous little baby! Congratulations!

Caryn said...

Hallejuia! Praise the Lord! The Turners are so excited! Kempton and I were just saying the other day that "Wouldn't it be cool for someone to have a baby on 10-10-10!" What a great birthday for a precious little gift from Jesus!

SM Anderson said...

Congratulations! I am so excited and happy for you. I know it was a long road but I hope the prize was worth it. Enjoy every minute of your precious little guy!!!!!

Hayley said...

Amanda. . .

THRILLED to see this news!

Asher is so gorgeous!!! Wow, you must be having so much fun snuggling.

Enjoy every minute.

Mary Lynn said...

Now THAT is a Johnson baby! (Glad that Amanda had some input, too.) He is perfect - because he is your gift from God.

Christine Appleton said...

Amanda & Charlie,
Congrats on your beautiful baby boy! Enjoy your little piece of Heaven on Earth! Asher is lucky to have such amazing parents! Can't wait for your first trip to Arizona so we can meet him! Snuggle, Eat, Sleep, Repeat!

May God continue to bless your little family!

Charity said...

I am so thrilled for you! Asher is absolutely beautiful and I know you are enjoying him so much!! Praising God with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...