Thursday, October 28, 2010

Asher pictures week 2+

October 19-23 (Ashers 2nd week of life) my mom and little sister Anna came to stay with us and help out. (didn't get a picture of Anna, oops!) They were so helpful to have around.

 Sunday the 24th (his second week birthday) we just hung out with Daddy and watched football and napped. Daddy found a new position Asher likes- the classic "football hold".
 

We went to Asher's Dr. on the 25 and found he (then) now weighs 9 lbs 3.5 oz.  (that was 4 days ago- since then he's done nothing but eat and sleep, I'm convinced it's a growth spurt!)

This is Asher Clark, 15 days old. This is the day I started to note a marked difference in the amount of chub on his cute little body. 
 

He's helping me do some computer work when he's not sleeping...

And today Asher is 18 days old, and there's even MORE chubbers appearing on cheekies! The past 5-7 days he's slept SO SO much. -Like unwakeable-zoncked-out sleeping allllllll day long.  But last night I put him to bed at 10pm and he got up at 8am. Waking only one time for a ravenous 9 minute feeding at 4am. I've remembered just how much I enjoy 5 plus hours of sleep in a row. Actually he's been a really good sleeper, usually only waking around 2, 4 and 7am to eat. His biliruben counts are great and he's gaining weight, he's growing up healthy and well.
He's just such a joy. We love kissing him, snuggling and cooing over him.
Son, we love you so very much and are very thankful you have joined our family.
I know he's excited to meet you soon.  :-)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ok Amanda, I hear ya sister on the growth spurt thing the last few days!! Carter has also done nothing but eat and sleep and eat some more! I took him to the doctor on Tuesday and he was also 9lbs and 5oz! They're getting big already :) We've had some great nights of sleep too, and then a random night like last night, when he wanted to eat every 2 hours...such is life with a newborn! Good for you, glad you got a nice long streak last night...here's hoping for a good night for all of us tonight!! We've got to get these 10/10/10 boys together soon :) Love the pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...