Friday, July 30, 2010

instant childhood summers

There are a few smells during that season that instantly transport me back to young summer days with my sisters...

One is BLT's. We had them Thursday night for supper and it smelt divine. We must have had those frequently when I was little.

The second is wet pavement (from rain or the hose). I used to think I could smell the rain, but in fact I think it's the hot, wet sidewalks that trigger that thought/memory.

Third is Waterbabies (or any other really, we just used this one lots) sunscreen. Some friends (the kiddo's I used to watch) walked in my front door a couple weeks ago, on their way to the pool. MMmmmmmm. They smelled delish'. Many a day us girls slathered that stuff on. (and too many days where we should have -the little brown spots on my arms at 30 years of age remind me of that).

1 comment:

Ryan and Ashley said...

BLT's and sweet corn are my favorite in the summer!! Oh so yummy. PS - you are totally right about the wet sidewalk. There have been a couple of times I turned on the sprinkler to feel a slight mist and walk barefoot around our entire place. ah love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...