Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summary's -NI

Summary's never do a thing, place or person justice. Nothing I can post here will enable you to experience what I have had the privilege of experiencing. The warm, open and friendly people of Kilkeel, the miracles I saw-God opening hearts and minds, the stunning scenery and historyI soaked and breathed in... words definitely fail me, but sometimes pictures can help one understand a little more. I would love to recount various aspects of the spectacular two-weeks I was there, but often those details are better expressed in conversations face to face...


This is quaint town of Newry at the bus stop, my first stop after arriving at the Dublin airport.

This was the jaw dropping veiw from my bed room each morning. -the Mourne Mountains, and the Irish Sea, Green Castle (if you look close), and mile after mile of rolling, lush, green hills.




Our BBC team quickly bonded with our new friends at Mourne Presbyterian. (The local church we came along side).



We spent an amazing week at Kittys Road during their "Festival Week". We got to do several service projects, like paint the Community Centre.  



The mornings were filled with "Treasure Hunters" -VBS for the kids. And all the ladies from Kittys Road got together for coffee, laughs and some great craic! (fun).




These are the kinds of questions the kids were asking us. We had some amazing opportunity to share God's love and truth with them.




Gabby and I hung out together lots and we were roomies the first week. We stayed with Raymond and Sandra, who were gracious, amazing, caring, and loving hosts to us.




This is Jasmine and John Paul at the beach clean-up day. -two precious kiddo's!








As we shared more about God and the gospel, and just walked beside them, showing them what Christ can do for anyone in "real life" we (and their parents) saw many attitudes, actions and hearts change.
     






These adults from Kittys Road became dear friends of mine very quickly. -Miss'n them tons!


These are just some random shots from around the area:










OK, so I'll post more later... I have to get some more photo's ready....

1 comment:

Jules said...

hey thanks for reading my blog :) things are going great thanks! even though the summer seems to have become a lot quieter :P. Loved looking through this blog though, the photo's have brought back some really great memories, i think i just needed to be reminded of what God did that week and your blog did that ;) how're you keeping?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...