Monday, December 13, 2010

for your information (and sanity)

See the last line.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've chosen to forgo the normal, "fill in the blanks" baby book. I'm also skipping the (although amazing and special) creative memories scrap booking style as well.
But I do strongly believe my child(ren) should get to have one.  They're fun to look at, and I have looked at mine often, when I was little and now. The family tree, milestones, memories, and funny phrases are worth recording.
So here's what I AM doing for our little Asher-man.

Blogging. - because faster at typing than writing. It's more convenient. I'll do it more. I'll probably be able to do something similar for future little ones. (so they don't get the 2nd or 3rd child style empty-ish baby book). --ok so theirs might be a little thinner... you get the idea.

But the posts won't be just for family and friends to read and forever forgotten.  -Although out of town family alone is a major factor in this decision.  I plan to turn all of the posts about Asher and all his stats and milestones into a printed book, using a site like this.  Elizabeth, my sister-in-law told me about them. I instantly fell in love with the idea. It will have pictures, and stories and memories all printed out. I can leave room to write by hand if I want to too! But doing it this way allows me to be faithful to record and share with family and friends, and have permanent documentation to give to Asher.


Precious memories and keepsakes in a book, they melt my heart every time I look.
Once a tiny baby growing way too fast, what can I do to make these moments last?
Save a little treasure write a little note, knowing someday you'll read what I've wrote. Precious memories and keepsakes in a book, you'll see my love when you're old enough to look.


So- thanks for putting up with my "excessive" baby posts.  They serve a bigger purpose.  :-)

1 comment:

LisaM said...

I feel ya on the baby posts. :-) great idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...