20 weeks, 3 days
Well, today is day 10 and counting of strict bed rest. I'm alive. But have little new news. (exceptions-Tuesday I was up for the amnio test; Thursday and Sunday I got to take a shower and also Thursday I started having bathroom privileges-no more bed pan! YAY!)
The world from a horizontal view point is different. It's rough on the back, head and eyes after a while. All bending and moving in ways they don't normally. But I LOVE IT! -The dinner plate an inch from my chin on my chest, constant rearranging of pillows, my legs having to get stretched out for me, and I'm getting used to not being able to shower when I want-it's all great.
I only love it because it's serving a very wonderful purpose. It means our son is still alive. and that he's growing, and he's getting a chance to mature.
Saturday Charlie was talking to him, and he laid his head on my tummy and got his face kicked! And he was also able to feel Little Mr. Move with his hand. That was so fun. I LOVE sharing those special parenting moments with him. It makes it all the more real and awesome. God has been so merciful to us! With every day that passes I'm gain a little more hope. Hope that I just might meet our son, that it just might turn out well.
But for today, we wait. And are content to do so.
Many of my physical issues/complications are beginning to subside. I'll be more at peace when they're gone I think. Charlie is doing amazingly well. He constantly amazes me with his tender love, selfless service, encouraging support, high involvement and companionship day in and day out. Our relationship has only grown through all this. I love him even more today than I did 10 days ago.
There are other events that are happening in our lives right now that have made this whole baby thing even a bit more stressful than it already is. So at the end of each day, we're emotionally, and physically spent. It was soooo great to have a quiet weekend at home together.
God has been showing us a tender side of his steadfast love throughout these days.
"Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your name give glory, for the sake of Your steadfast love and your faithfulness!" Psalm 115:1
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am he Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." -Isaiah 43:10
"Help me to honor thee by beleieving before I feel, for great is the sin if I make feeling a cause of faith."
This is what Little Mr. is looking like these days:
Early in the 19th week we had several ultrasounds done and they said he was measuring about 3-4 days ahead of his actual day. So that's great news. We like big strong babies.


5 comments:
is that a cantaloupe? alex and i are wondering what little mr. is looking like and we were a little confused:) every time i read an update from you my heart jumps for joy at how gracious, loving, and steadfast the Lord is and you and charlie are...this baby is blessed already.
are you all busy sunday?
Steadfastly praying for your sweet boy! HAVE WALKED IN YOUR VERY SHOES so many times before! Week 19 for me was my EVERY PREGNANCY BAD NEWS WEEK! EVERY PREGNANCY! That is a total of three that I birthed! So I know EXACTLY what you're going through, although my issues during pregnancy were different than yours. My babies weighed between 9.8 ounces and 10 ounces when they were born, so your baby is just as big as my babies ever got! :) And I'm here to tell you they are AMAZING at this point. He already has fingernails and toenails, such tiny and intricate, but THERE! And so absolutely breathtaking! So GRATEFUL for every day I read that he's still in that oven! :) Praying for another 10 weeks! :) IT'S POSSIBLE! :) Sending my hugs your way! Thanks for updating your blog!
Love, Joanna "Cowley" Baltzly
Hang in there mama! Bed rest may, at times, feel like you are doing nothing. But YOU right now are doing more than the rest of us combined right now. :) Making a person is quite significant, no? ;)
hi Amanda - I'm Johanna Puelston...my husband and I go to BBC North and you guys were in our membership class way back. :-) We also were in ATI - the ol' CI's in St. Paul, remember? :-)
Anyway - I've been reading your blog and praying for you guys so much. I wanted to get in touch with you and ask if there is ANYTHING I can do for you while you're on bedrest, please let me know. I would be honored to bring you guys a meal, go grocery shopping for you or whatever. You can email me at jmpuelston at yahoo dot com or I'll try to track down an email address for you.
Hold fast to our mighty God! So glad things are going well right now. Hugs and prayers.
I was so excited to read this update...have been periodically checking because you are so in my thoughts and prayers.
Your spirits are amazing... Your praise of your Lord and Master, inspirational!
Loved the update on Charlie feeling your Little Mr.!!!
Post a Comment