Monday, October 5, 2009

my help and my deliverer

Psalm 40

1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
 he inclined to me and heard my cry.
 2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction, 
out of the miry bog, 
and set my feet upon a rock,
 making my steps secure.
 3 He put a new song in my mouth,
 a song of praise to our God.
 Many will see and fear,
 and put their trust in the Lord. 4 Blessed is the man who makes
 the Lord his trust… 5 You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
 your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
 none can compare with you!
 I will proclaim and tell of them,
 yet they are more than can be told. 6 …you have given me an open ear. 8 I delight to do your will, O my God;
 your law is within my heart.” 10 …I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation;
 I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness. 11 As for you, O Lord, you will not restrain
 your mercy from me;
 your steadfast love and your faithfulness will
ever preserve me!
 16 But may all who seek you 
rejoice and be glad in you;
 may those who love your salvation
 say continually, “Great is the Lord!” 
17 …You are my help and my deliverer…!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...