Tuesday, December 25, 2012

our littlest family member on christmas

Johnson Christmas Card, 2012
First, MERRY CHRISTMAS! This is our first Christmas season to spend at home with just our little family. We feel blessed to be missing such wonderful family and their celebrations back in IA and AZ, but I must admit- it's really relaxing to be home too! (My OB doesn't want me to risk another ambulance ride back to MN like with Asher, so we're playing it safe and sticking close).

And many of you have been asking, wondering, and inquiring... the suspense is over, so read on!
Big Brother
Asher is SUCH a great big brother already. Everyday he voluntarily says, "I talk to baby", "I hug baby" (which means he squeezes my tummy), "baby tickle" (meaning he wants to put his cheek on my tummy and my skin tickles his cheek), "I talk to baby about it" (and he brings a toy over and explains it, etc). All this on his very own. We don't say much at all bout Little Babes. He has been coming to my ultrasound appointments each week, and he really likes the "heartfeet" (heart beat) part, "Sounds like a train! Cha-Choosh, Cha-choosh!" he'll say. It's really quite amazing the level at which he's getting it. VERY sweet.
Asher Clark, two years, one month old
Each passing week has brought more and more great news! Baby is fantastic, and my cerclage is working great, and my cervix is lengthening to boot! (that last bit is truly amazing!) So I haven't been on bed rest yet, with the exception of a few days last week due to some contractions and minor funneling, but that's resolved! About one week ago (mid week 18) my morning sickness began to lessen, and only flairs every now and then, I'm soooooo thankful, that was not fun.
Little MISS Johnson
We also would like to tell you what Asher says when he talks to my belly, 

"Hi Baby SISTER!" or "Love you Baby SISTER"
That's right! We're pleased to announce we're having a Little GIRL!
FEMALE
Last night I pulled out the box from when I was little. My mom saved several little things for us in a plastic box, we played the toys and dressed our dolls up in the outfits a lot when we were little...but now- I get to put my little girl in tiny outfits I wore! Talk about meaningful vintage! YAY!
A few favorites from 'the box'
Thanks again friends and family for caring and praying for us and our Little Miss already. God has shown us much grace in the health of this pregnancy so far. We have much to be thankful for.
We are beyond thrilled to welcome her, Lord willing, close to May 2013!!!

3 comments:

Kate @ BROhaha said...

girls are awesome :) congrats!

Elisa Clark said...

Yay! I'm SO excited for you to have a little girl! I can't wait to go shopping for the little princess! :)

Caryn said...

Praise God! I'm so excited for you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...