We're having another baby! Asher is a Big Brother!
A little more than a year ago we started our journey, asking God for the blessing of another Little One. The journey has had it's ups, downs, disappointments, and surprising twists. This Little One's life has already had a couple roller coaster chapters. I hope to write details about that soon.
![]() |
| Baby Johnson 2 |
- Aug. 31-Sep. 17th, After 9 rounds of fertility treatment, we were told that BJ2 didn't exist (or make it)?? Yet, there was nothing pointing that baby had gone to be with Jesus... so we contacted my wonderful OB.
- Sep. 24th, We went in for an ultrasound. Our mouths dropped, smiles spread, and thankful tears fell. There, before our eyes was a tiny, precious, beating little heart from our Creator. God blessed us with tiny BJ2! (because of the 'interesting start' my due date has fluctuated around early to mid May).
- Late Sep. to Present, lots of time spent on the couch with a nauseous/sick mom and a healthy baby growing, and super busy and happy 2 year old big brother.
- Nov. 12th, I had surgery to place the cerclage (same as I had with Asher at 19wks, emergent) but this time we were able to get it placed preventively, before the problems begin. I was 13 weeks along. The surgery went very well, no complications, just lots of rest.
- Now I am 15+ weeks along and I've had 11 or so ultrasounds and they will continue weekly for monitoring of my cervical length. Which, right now, is looking good at right around 3cm (for those of you that care; it's varied this time from 2.7-3.2cm).
- We are finding out BJ2's gender, we think we know, but will tell when it's confirmed in the next 1-2 ultrasounds. :-)
- Asher is already in love with "Asher's baby" he voluntarily sings to it, talks to it, gives kisses and hugs. (all to my belly). It's pretty amazing and cute. He comes to the apt's and tells us about hearing his baby's heart 'feet', "schoom, shm, schoom, shm" (with spit flying everywhere). and he loves looking at photo's of Babes. We were surprised to find he really gets it. Smart Little Mr.
Please continue to pray for BJ2 to stay safe and sound inside. That BJ2 will grow to full term, and be born healthy. And most of all that BJ2 will know Jesus, and want Him as Lord over his/her life. These next 7-9 weeks are critical in BJ2's life, given my pregnancy history. In the past the problems have started about week 18-19. Right now my main restrictions are no strenuous activity, and no lifting over 10lbs.
So, please forgive me for having not blogged. I do have so much to share and catch up with. I'm dying to write it out. As soon as I can stay up during a little bit of nap time or not feel like I'm going to throw up on my keyboard, I shall jump back on the blogging train.
Hugs from the soon to be 4 of us!


3 comments:
YAY! We are SO excited to have a new niece or nephew! Praying for you!
Congrats!!! That's so exciting :)
*super like!!!!*
Post a Comment