HELLO STERNS AND FOSTER!
It arrived this morning, in the middle of our March snow-storm. (Yes we have a lovely fresh 5-6 inches on the ground so far. But I digress....)
The last two nights, as I lay there in our old bed (rather uncomfortably I might add...) I became strangely sentimental about it. I began to imagine where they would be taking it when it left our home. You see, I think I grew oddly attached to the old thing. When one lays in one's bed, morning-sick as could be weeks on end during three pregnancies, or spends an ENTIRE summer and fall snuggled in it (hummm, perhaps THAT'S where the divot's came from!) on bed rest praying that a certain Little Mr would stay put, or has friends sitting on the end or on the side or in the middle with me, helping to pass the long days there....one may quite possibly grow fond of this inanimate object. It felt like I was throwing out a tiny part of me. So this morning I lingered a smidge longer when I woke, reveling in my side of the bed in my (self-made) hole. Good grief. Good bye sore mornings!
LOL!
Laugh at me if you will. I'm laughing at myself.
To welcome a new chapter of the Johnson Bed Chronicles our darling, loud, giggly little boy helped to put on fresh sheets. He broke in the bed with a (new to him) game of peek a boo. He was delighted as you can see in the video. This completely erased any "sadness" I had about tossing out the old mattress.

1 comment:
Enjoy that new mattress! It's amazing how kids can sleep in their hard cribs or even on the floor and it doesn't phase them. And then you have an 'old' person (like my husband lol) who wakes up in pain from a nice soft mattress. Crazy!
And love your video of Asher! What a happy little man!
Post a Comment