Wednesday, March 3, 2010

silly tummy




Target trips can be interesting for a pregnant mommy. The sight/thought of food often makes me feel all "swirly"... So today's trip this is what I ended up with (only because it's all that sounded remotely "tryable"). I don't think Charlie will be all that thrilled to be honest.
I have been feeling great. Only two days last week where I was feeling quite yucky- nauseous, and in bed. But then again- I'm ONLY 6.5 weeks in this (hopefully) 40 week process. :o) There's lots of time for all that.

I must say, I've never been sooooo grateful to feel sick or tired. I'm SO blessed to be in this stage. God has blessed us with a tiny little life...the baby is between the size of a sweet pea and a blueberry. Teeny-tiny!
Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.

This is about what little Johnson looks like. And below is a picture of our baby taken on this past Monday- Charlie and I got to see baby's little heart beating strong. YAY!


Auntie Bridget calls this the "teddy graham" stage. :-)

Below is a link to a short video about what's happened so far in baby development, small commercial up front, but then some pretty cool animation...



6 comments:

Hayley said...

And I don't know if I've ever been so glad to hear of someone's swirly tummy!

Praising the Lord for guarding that little life within you!

(Have fun with those sweet potato fries!)

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy every moment :) I always loved tracking the progress of little Ava, week to week. Such a miracle, isn't it??

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

So excited for your Amanda! :) Those first few weeks are definitely a challenge :)
Sweet potato fries--yumm-o!
Praying for you and that precious baby!

Elisa Clark said...

I can just imagine little baby J beginning to form a nose like Charlie's :) and eyes like yours and long limbs like both of you. (you know...once the 'webbed-like paddles' go away)
Love the post - keep them coming! :) Praying you feel better soon and won't have to have baby food in your house again until next March or so.

jesse.dvorak said...

wow that baby is sooo tiny. that's cool to see.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

The first trimester is equally exciting and exhausting!! Hope you find something edible to eat that's easy on your {growing} tummy! I liked Cream of Wheat hot cereal -- really bland but, hey, it worked!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...