Thursday, July 3, 2008

Northern Ireland








The Mournes StonewallsPhoto of Church

On July 20th I will depart from Minneapolis to join a team of 15 adults and teenagers from my church, Bethlehem Baptist.  We will be spending two weeks working with children, youth and families in Northern Ireland.   Kilkeel is a small picturesque fishing village situated on the County Down coast of Northern Ireland, and nestled at the foot of the stunning and sweeping Mourne Mountains.  We have plans to partner with local churches there, and in the neighboring town of Annalong, in Bible teaching and evangelism through youth and children's ministry and outreaches to parents.  

For the past five months my heart has been drawn to this particular mission trip.  And I thought that meant that I would be "holding the ropes" through prayer and support for the team as they went.  Proverbs 16:9 became very real when the Lord began to clearly direct my steps towards being a "goer" on just this past Saturday through a simple phone call.  One team member will not be able to go and the team asked if I would join them. I am so excited to serve the Lord again internationally after my six-year hiatus!  Charlie and I saw this as God clearly opening the doors for me to go.

I have enjoyed and grown through working with our own youth at camp, retreats and Wednesday nights this past year. And I am excited to partner with many of these same passionate students to minister together in Ireland.  It is my personal prayer, that on this journey and ministry with them, that I will be able to encourage and help them see and know Jesus in an even more personal way and through a grander, more worldwide scope.  It is our desire to proclaim His truth and grace to many people (of all ages) in these villages.  And when we come back to the States I want to aid the students in keeping a bigger perspective of God, His work in their lives and in the world and people around them. 

Hugs, Manda

Prayer Points:   *Team Unity  *That we would be the aroma of Christ to those we meet (2 Cor. 2:14-17)  *That we would     encourage our brothers and sisters in N. Ireland  *I want to have conversations with people that would give them the desire to know more about God and His Goodness in their life *That the people our team comes in contact with will experience the love of Christ through us and that their lives would be changed eternally by the gospel message  *For me to find practical ways to love and have many conversations with the Bethlehem Students towards loving and experiencing Jesus even more.

Specific Activity Involvement:


  • Door to Door work
  • Men's / women's ministry
  • Street reach in evening
  • Involvement Morning and Evening church services
  • Will work w/team of 25 from Kilkeel
  • Teaching bible to children. (evangelistic focus)
  • Teaching bible to youth. (discipleship focus)
  • Games / sports activities
  • Teaching bible to youth (Based in 'the net' local youth club)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...